The USMA Library recently added a new resource to its offerings called Cambridge Histories Online. While this may sound like it’s just for those taking history classes, it is actually interdisciplinary; covering the history of a wide range of topics from foreign relations to music, literary studies to philosophy. This resource also includes several volumes on the history of warfare.
- Over 300 volumes published since 1960
- Covers 15 different academic subjects
- Each chapter is a separate, searchable PDF
- Search or browse the titles
- Complete index and bibliography for every volume
Who should use this resource?
Cadets in any humanities class will find this to be an invaluable resource. Cadets in science classes may also find utility in the 6 volume Cambridge History of Science.
Here’s a sampling from the series on Warfare, which Military History instructors and students will certainly find of value.
Tips for searching Cambridge Histories Online
- Use the search box at the top of the page for a quick list of results based on keyword
- Use advanced search to combine keywords or authors, or choose specific subject areas
As always, ask a Librarian for help if you have any questions about any of our research products!
The views expressed in this post are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government. No endorsement or recommendation of any specific products or services is intended or implied.
Contents contributed by G.J. Corey Harmon, Circulation & Reference Librarian